Create a website
To begin the process of website creation, it is necessary to acquire a web hosting package from our store, available under the "Web Hosting" category.
Once you have selected the desired hosting package, navigate within the "User Menu" pane to "User -> Managed Products -> Websites."
Here, a list of your available hosting packages will be displayed. Click on the "Create website" link to proceed.
You will then be taken to the website creation page. Provide a default website name and select the ASP.Net version that suits your needs. Additionally, you may enter a website title and description, which can be advantageous if your site is included in your hosting provider's rankings.
After entering all the required information, click on the "Create website" button and await the completion of the process, which can vary from several seconds to a few minutes. Once confirmed, you can commence using your new website.
Please read the following to better understand the website creation process:
When you click the "Create Website" button, the system undertakes the following actions:
- Automatically selects the most suitable web server based on your hosting package.
- Creates two A records in the DNS server pointing to your web server: one for your primary site name and another prefixed with "www." Both records enable access to your website. Note that there may be a delay in DNS propagation due to the replication process between primary and secondary DNS servers.
- Establishes a Windows user account for FTP access, which is identical to your Doka panel username, and an anonymous account for website access, security, and disk quota management on the selected Windows web server.
- Generates directories on the server for website content and secure content storage.
- Applies security settings to the new directories. By default, your website operates under a unique anonymous account with full control over the directory, separate from the "NETWORK SERVICE" account. For detailed information, refer to folder access right configuration.
- Adds a disk quota entry to the website directory on the server's hard drive, limiting the amount of disk space available. If you operate multiple websites on the same server, the disk quota is cumulative across all your sites.
- Adds your website to the Internet Information Service (IIS) on the server. Shared IP hosting plans will have IIS bindings created for your DNS names. Plans with dedicated IP addresses will have bindings set up for that specific IP, allowing website access directly via the dedicated IP address.